What is EduCamp?
- EduCamp is a training ground for young minds and their parents.
- Organised by HELP TOURISM - with specialisation in this area for many years
- ducamp develops personal skills and builds relationships, teaches art of living by sharing, paves the route to a brighter world ahead.
- t helps understand and appreciate our natural and cultural heritage.
- EduCamp is a learning experience in outdoor through an inclusive, mutually respectful and participatory process.
- EduCamp comprises experienced field instructors.
- It’s a team of resource personels who are more than committed in achieving goals in paqrtnership with the participants.
Who could be in EduCamp?
- Students of various ages and their parents/guardians.
- Educators and teachers from various fields.
- ny one who believes in knowledge sharing.
What is expected of you at an EduCamp?
Irrespective of age be committed in your effort to learn. The process of learning is fun mixed with adventure.
What do you learn at an EduCamp?
Lessons of ABCD in the Outdoor Classrooms.
Text books take a back seat. Learning from exercising the sixth senses.
Training the body to act in tune with the mind through yoga and meditation.
Helps develop right mental attitude, communication skill, mental alertness, physical abilities and courage to face the world.
The basic course in EduCamp
- Knowing yourself
- Knowing your role
- Knowing your responsibilities.
- Personality Development
- Leadership Training
- Waste Management
- Community Service and Peoples Livelihood
- Conservation - Energy and Natural Resources
- Camp Craft
- Gardening and Landscaping
- Nature Study
- Sky Watching
- Work & Physical Education
- Yoga & Tai-Chi
- Understanding your child and his/her Mental Health Status
- Intellectual, Moral & Physical Education of the child
- Stress Release
- Nutrition Planning
- Evaluation & Monitoring Development in child
- Adolescence Counselling
- Learning and work disciplines
- Social Responsibility
- Child Aggression Controlling
- This allows participants to take part in treks, nature trails, camping, bird watching, flora study, community service, learning about ropes and knots, rafting(optional), rock climbing(optional),cooking classes, overcoming natural barriers.
- Techniques are taught by experts.
- Evaluation is done on spot.
- Evaluation is also done by participants.
EduCamp is a passport to
- A better tomorrow
- Develops confidence to take up future assignments that involve physical abilities guided by power of the mind.
- Propagates institutional and family happiness.
- It is a certification course where a certificate is awarded with gradation and observations that help chose your future direction.
- Risks – The programme for the camp are set in such a manner by the experts that there is no risk involved.
- Follow the instructions and you can change your world.
- Disobeying leads to chaos.
Where do we camp ?
Garumara Jungle Camp
One of the top ten wildlife hotspots of the region Garumara is situated at the foothills of East Himalaya and an important migratory route of the Elephants. Surrounded by lush green tea gardens and numerous rivers and streams Garumara is a ideal gateway to the wild frontiers of North Bengal Dooars.
The Venue, Garumara Jungle Camp is conveniently located near Chalsa having 26 spotless bungalow type rooms with attached bath and a supporting tea garden patch, ample space for setting up tents and Sal forest. The camp has hosted International events and projects of dignitaries such as Aparna Sen, Gautam Ghosh, Anjan Dutt, Sahabuddin, Pandit Chitresh Das, Mark O Shea.
Top | Educational Camp Itinerary for Students & Parent >>